For anyone that has met me, or listened to any of my podcasts, they will testify to the fact that I love to speak.
I tend to always base my experience that I first-hand have had experience in - things that I have learned on the job, and in the trenches.
Over the last number of years I have been focussing my attention on a deeper understanding on what it takes to embed Design as a strategic tool into organisations, hence my primary podcast 'Bringing Design Closer' on the This is HCD Network.
In the past, I have spoken about;
- Design Systems
- Designing for Vulnerability
- Designing for Children who have suffered trauma
- The Role of Service Design and Product Management
- Embedding Design into Organisations
- Design Thinking related superficiality and innovation theatre
- Redesigning Design
- Journey Mapping & Visualisation
Recently, I am writing more about the alternative patterns of creation from other fields such as music and what the service design community can learn from this. Listen to me speak about Music + Thinking on the Music Thinking Podcast.
Interested in booking me to speak? Arrange a chat today.
Some of the events that I have spoken at over the years
- Global Interaction Design Day Dublin, Zendesk, September 2018
- Service Design Days Conference (Host), Barcelona, October 2018
- ‘The importance of Craft in Design’ Creative Mornings Dublin, June 2018
- Service Design Show, ‘The Democratisation of Design and the future of Service Design’ YouTube Netherlands
- ‘The come down after the Design Thinking Sugar High’, Service Design Network/Dublin UX at Indeed, Dublin May 2018
- Invited Speaker, CBA Speaker Series, Sydney, February 2018
- ‘Designing for Social Good – Academy XI, Sydney’ with Chirryl-Lee Ryan, Andy Polaine, and Kelsey Schwinn, February 2018‘
- Superteams: Service Design Research in Government’ – Social Innovators in Sydney, December, Sydney 2017
- ‘Digital Transformation’ – Aquent, Put it to the Panel, Sydney 2017
- ‘The Art of Story-telling’ – Product Tank, Sydney 2017‘
- Designing for Vulnerable Children (20-minute)’ – UX Australia 2017
- ‘How service design and product management can co-exist’ – Product Camp Dublin 2017
- ‘Designing for Vulnerable Children (60-minute)’ – Edinburgh, UX Scotland 2017
- ‘The importance of Design Mentorship’ – iXDA, Sydney 2016
- ‘How service design and product management can co-exist’ – Product Talks 2016
- Prospa.com (Internal Company Design Conference) – 2016
- General Assembly (UX Guest Speaker) – 2015
- XXUX Meetup Sydney (Panelist) – ‘The Importance of Soft Skills in Design’ – 2015
- Vivid Sydney – ‘A career in Design’ – Sydney, July 2015
- UX Australia – ‘Component Libraries’ – 2014
- General Assembly – Design Fundamentals (90-minute) – Sydney, 2013