For anyone that has met me, or listened to any of my podcasts, they will testify to the fact that I love to speak.
I tend to always base my experience that I first-hand have had experience in - things that I have learned on the job, and in the trenches.
Over the last number of years I have been focussing my attention on a deeper understanding on what it takes to embed Design as a strategic tool into organisations, hence my primary podcast 'Bringing Design Closer' on the This is HCD Network.
In the past, I have spoken about;
- Design Systems
- Designing for Vulnerability
- Designing for Children who have suffered trauma
- The Role of Service Design and Product Management
- Embedding Design into Organisations
- Design Thinking related superficiality and innovation theatre
- Redesigning Design
Recently, I am writing more about the alternative patterns of creation from other fields such as music and what the service design community can learn from this.
Interested in booking me to speak? Arrange a chat today.
Some of the events that I have spoken at over the years
- Global Interaction Design Day Dublin, Zendesk, September 2018
- Service Design Days Conference (Host), Barcelona, October 2018
- ‘The importance of Craft in Design’ Creative Mornings Dublin, June 2018
- Service Design Show, ‘The Democratisation of Design and the future of Service Design’ YouTube Netherlands
- ‘The come down after the Design Thinking Sugar High’, Service Design Network/Dublin UX at Indeed, Dublin May 2018
- Invited Speaker, CBA Speaker Series, Sydney, February 2018
- ‘Designing for Social Good – Academy XI, Sydney’ with Chirryl-Lee Ryan, Andy Polaine, and Kelsey Schwinn, February 2018‘
- Superteams: Service Design Research in Government’ – Social Innovators in Sydney, December, Sydney 2017
- ‘Digital Transformation’ – Aquent, Put it to the Panel, Sydney 2017
- ‘The Art of Story-telling’ – Product Tank, Sydney 2017‘
- Designing for Vulnerable Children (20-minute)’ – UX Australia 2017
- ‘How service design and product management can co-exist’ – Product Camp Dublin 2017
- ‘Designing for Vulnerable Children (60-minute)’ – Edinburgh, UX Scotland 2017
- ‘The importance of Design Mentorship’ – iXDA, Sydney 2016
- ‘How service design and product management can co-exist’ – Product Talks 2016
- Prospa.com (Internal Company Design Conference) – 2016
- General Assembly (UX Guest Speaker) – 2015
- XXUX Meetup Sydney (Panelist) – ‘The Importance of Soft Skills in Design’ – 2015
- Vivid Sydney – ‘A career in Design’ – Sydney, July 2015
- UX Australia – ‘Component Libraries’ – 2014
- General Assembly – Design Fundamentals (90-minute) – Sydney, 2013